Unleavened Kefir Pizza Dough
Makes approximately 1kg of dough
5 cups strong bread flour
2 cups Blue Bay Kefir
1/2 cup Water
40ml Australian extra virgin olive oil
1. In a large bowl mix together flour, kefir,
water and olive oil. Continue to mix until well combined.
2. Remove from bow and place onto a floured work surface.
3. Kneed for several minutes until dough becomes smooth.
4. Return the dough to bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Allow to prove overnight at room temperature. Note: You can culture your dough for 12-24 hours. This relaxed the glutens in the dough and makes it easier to digest. It also creates a more authentic pizza crust when cooking.
5. Once proved, return the dough to a floured work surface and kneed in the salt. You are now ready to roll out your pizza bases and cook.